Building Oregon

English Settlement School (Oakland, Oregon)

English
Title
English Settlement School (Oakland, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Description
This building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 4, 2007. Entered as the English Settlement School, the simply adorned rectangular structure was built in 1910 to serve the educational needs of a former settlement eight miles northeast of Oakland in Douglas County. It was nominated as a building exemplifying the materials, workmanship and guiding construction philosophies that shaped the design of small rural schools in the early 20th century.
View
exterior: view of south facade, looking north
Provenance
Douglas County Museum (Roseburg, Oregon)
Temporal
1910-1919 1930-1939
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views public schools (buildings)
Location
City of Oakland >> Oregon >> West >> United States Douglas County Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Date
1910 1930
Identifier
OR_Douglas_English04.jpg
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
National Register of Historic Places, http://www.nps.gov/nr/
Note
This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office.