Building Oregon

Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Title
Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Eric W. Allen Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Allen, Eric W., Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Journalism Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Creator
Church Newberry & Roehr Architects Church, Walter E. Newberry, Earl P. Roehr, Frank G.
Creator Display
Church, Newberry & Roehr Architects (architecture firm, 1949-1956) JG Watts Construction Company Church, Walter Enos (1893-1989) Earl Presley Newberry (architect, 1901-1992) Frank G. Roehr (architect, 1899-1982)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
Historic Resource Survey Form
Temporal
1920-1929 1950-1959 1990-1999
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views universities (buildings) components (objects) classrooms offices (work spaces)
Latitude
44.042783
Longitude
-123.074606
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
1020 University Street
Date
1923 1999 1953/1954
Identifier
pna_99999
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Source
University of Oregon Cultural Resources Survey, Summer 2006
Type
Image
Format
application/pdf
Material
concrete foundation; concrete, limestone exteior wall, steel sash window, vinyl roofing, raised limestone plaques
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm
Note
Allen Hall replaced McClure Hall which was razed in 1953. The Journalism Building (1923), originally connected to McClure Hall, is now connected to the 1954 addition now know as Allen Hall. Allen Hall was named for Eric W. Allen, the first Dean of the School of Journalism.<br>The Historic Resource Survey Form provides architectural description, architectural history, historical associations and significance, assessment of National Reigster eligibility, and bibliographical references. It was prepared by Erica Steverson, Sarah Helwick, Susan Johnson, and the University Planning Office, Summer 2006.