Building Oregon

DeGuire, Murton E., and Lillian, House (Silverton, Oregon)

DeGuire,
Title
DeGuire, Murton E., and Lillian, House (Silverton, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Murton E. and Lillian DeGuire House (Silverton, Oregon)
Photographer
Jason M. Allen
Description
National Register of Historic Places (Listed, 2011)
View
interior
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1900-1909
Style Period
Queen Anne Style Colonial Revival
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views dwellings houses
Latitude
45.009573
Longitude
-122.780433
Location
City of Silverton >> Oregon >> West >> United States Marion County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Street Address
631 B Street
Date
1906
View Date
2010-05-15
Identifier
pna_22699.jpg
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The 1906 Murton E. and Lillian DeGuire House is recognized for its architectural merit as a Free-Classic Queen Anne, a style that incorporates an eclectic mix of Queen Anne and Classical Revival Design elements, which was popular in the late-ninetieth and early-twentieth centuries. While modest in its ornamentation, style is clearly demonstrated through the application of Queen-Anne elements such as the use of varied siding textures, leaded glass, canted corners, projecting bays, and groupings of tall and narrow windows, among other details. The building’s block form and centered wall dormers and gables create the regular symmetry associated with the Colonial Revival Style, which is reinforced by the pediment at each gable and the wide frieze bands separating the first- and second-floor, as well as lining the eaves and gables. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.