Building Oregon

Augustana Lutheran Church (Portland, Oregon)

Title
Augustana Lutheran Church (Portland, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Augustana Swedish Evangelical Church (Portland, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
State of Oregon Inventory of Historic Property Ellis Lawrence Building Survey
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1930-1939
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views ceremonial structures religious buildings churches (buildings)
Location
Portland >> Clackamas County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Multnomah County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Date
1939
Identifier
lawrence_portland_1-1-16.pdf
Rights
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
Type
Image
Format
application/pdf
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
Unbuilt work. Significance statement: The structure presently on the site was constructed in 1907, and in no way resembles the design proposed by Lawrence in 1939 . The Augustana Lutheran Church occupied the building from 1924 to 1950 at which time the congregation moved into a new church at 2710 NE 14th . This new church was designed by the firm of Lawrence, Tucker & Wallman, but shows no influence of the 1938 design .