Building Oregon

Oregon Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)

Oregon
Title
Oregon Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon) Oregon State Institute for the Feeble Minded (Salem, Oregon) Fairview Complex (Salem, Oregon)
Photographer
Provost, Elizabeth M.
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: Oregon Building; southeast facade, view to the north
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1960-1969
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views hospitals (buildings for health facility) health facility mental health facilities dwellings
Latitude
44.903295
Longitude
-123.016779
Location
Salem >> Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
2250 Strong Road Southeast
Date
1967
View Date
2009-10
Identifier
OR_Marion_Salem_Fairview_188.jpg
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
Prior to his arrival in Portland, Oregon, Philip Chappell Browne was an architect and surveyor in Auckland, New Zealand, according to an 1885 patent application for a ventilator for windows. (Item 1359. 14th January. Philip Chappell Browne, of City Chambers, Vulcan Lane, Auckland, Architect and Surveyor.—An invention for a ventilator for windows. Letters and Patents, 1885, National Library of New Zealand website). He later obtained a copyright by way of the Oregon Flag Co., Portland. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.