Building Oregon

Cascade-Gaines Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)

Cascade-Gaines
Title
Cascade-Gaines Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon) Oregon State Institute for the Feeble Minded (Salem, Oregon) Fairview Complex (Salem, Oregon) Gaines Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon) Cascade Building, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
Creator
Wilmsen & Endicott Wilmsen, Robert Endicott, Charles W.
Photographer
Provost, Elizabeth M.
Creator Display
Wilmsen & Endicott (architecture firm, 1948-1960) Harry Robert Wilmsen (architect, 1918-1999) Charles W. Endicott (architect, 1913-1997)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: south facade, view to the north
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1950-1959
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views hospitals (buildings for health facility)
Latitude
44.903295
Longitude
-123.016779
Location
Salem >> Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
2250 Strong Road Southeast
Date
1958
View Date
2009-10
Identifier
OR_Marion_Salem_Fairview_097.jpg
Rights
In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
Cascade-Gaines was built as a dormitory and housed programs for training children and adults. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.