Building Oregon

Hoff Cottage, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)

Hoff
Title
Hoff Cottage, Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon) Oregon State Institute for the Feeble Minded (Salem, Oregon) Fairview Complex (Salem, Oregon)
Creator
Legg, Frederick A.
Photographer
Provost, Elizabeth M.
Creator Display
Frederick Arthur Legg (architect, 1867- )
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: northwest and southwest facade, view to the east
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1910-1919
Style Period
American Colonial
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views health facility hospitals (buildings for health facility) mental health facilities
Latitude
44.903295
Longitude
-123.016779
Location
Salem >> Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Marion County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
2250 Strong Road Southeast
Date
1918
View Date
2009-10
Identifier
OR_Marion_Salem_Fairview_021jpg
Rights
In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
Fairview Training Center (Salem, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
Frederick A. Legg, sometimes referenced as Fred Legg or with the last name spelled Legge, was borh in November 1867 in Oregon, and was married in 1892 to his wife, Lula, with whom he had two children, Margaret and Kenneth. His son, Kenneth Clair Legge (architect, 1898-1989), was also an architect. From 1907-1909, Fred Legg was in partnership with Walter David Pugh, under the name, Pugh and Legg. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.