Building Oregon

Shirk, David L., Ranch (Adel, Oregon)

Shirk,
Title
Shirk, David L., Ranch (Adel, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
David L. Shirk Ranch Historic District (Adel, Oregon) Shirk Ranch Historic District (Adel, Oregon)
Creator
Shirk, David L.
Creator Display
David L. Shirk (builder/contractor)
Description
National Register of Historic Places, http://www.nps.gov/nr
View
Reproduction: Design used as corner card for David Shirk's envelopes and photographic portrait of David Lawson Shirk, age 28 years, by Carleton E. Watkins Studio, San Francisco, California, from Schmitt, Martin L., editor. The Cattle Drives of David Shirk: From Texas to the Idaho Mines, 1871 and 1873. Portland: The Champoeg Press, 1956.
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1880-1889 1900-1909 1910-1919
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views works, agricultural farms ranches (agricultural complexes) historic districts
Location
Adel >> Lake County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Lake County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Street Address
Guano Valley
Date
1881 1910
View Date
2004 2007
Identifier
OR_LakeCounty_DavidLShirkRanchHD_028.jpg
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
Shirk, David L., Ranch (Adel, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The David L. Shirk Ranch historic district, located in southeast Lake County in Guano Valley, oregon, includes 19 structures within three areas. Included are a residence, outbuildings, grave site, irrigation and fence systems, and an historic dump. The site was first settle in 1881 and was a fully developed ranch in 1914. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.