Building Oregon

Wallowa Ranger Station (Wallowa, Oregon)

Title
Wallowa Ranger Station (Wallowa, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Creator
Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) United States. Forest Service
Photographer
Donovan, Sally
Creator Display
Civilian Conservation Corps (builder/contractor) United States Forest Service
Description
National Register of Historic Places (Listed, 2009)
View
National Register of Historic Places Registration Form
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1930-1939
Style Period
Rustic (European style)
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views ranger stations dwellings houses office buildings public buildings plans (orthographic projections) floor-plan drawings
Latitude
45.570095
Longitude
-117.536025
Location
City of Wallowa >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Wallowa County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
602 West 1st Street
Date
1936/1939
View Date
2009
Identifier
OR_Wallowa_WallowaRangerStation_nrnom.pdf
Rights
In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
application/pdf
Material
wood, shingle, granite, concrete
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
Wallowa Ranger Station (Wallowa, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
"Located in the small town of Wallowa in Wallowa County, Oregon, the Wallowa Ranger Station was constructed between 1936 and 1939 by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) and served as a US Forest Service ranger station until 1981, when headquarters were moved approximately 17 miles south to Enterprise, Oregon. The Wallowa Ranger Station is historically significant for its association with the CCC and also as an intact representative example of CCC-era site planning and construction style. The ranger station is comprised of five contributing buildings, including an office, residence, fire equipment building, garage, and gas house." Source: National Register,Summary, page5. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.