Building Oregon

Alexandra Court Apartments (Portland, Oregon)

Title
Alexandra Court Apartments (Portland, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Alexandra Court Hotel (Portland, Oregon)
Creator
MacNaughton, Ernest B. Raymond, Herbert E. Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Standard Construction Company
Creator Display
MacNaughton, Raymond, & Lawrence (architecture firm, 1907-1910) Ernest B. MacNaughton (architect, 1880-1960) Herbert E. Raymond (engineer) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) Standard Construction Company (builder/contractor)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
State of Oregon Inventory of Historic Property Ellis Lawrence Building Survey
Provenance
University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1900-1909
Style Period
Federal
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views hotels (public accommodations) dwellings apartment houses
Latitude
45.524079
Longitude
-122.693704
Location
Portland >> Clackamas County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Multnomah County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Street Address
125 Northwest 20th Place
Date
1907
Identifier
pna_99999
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Ellis Lawrence Building Survey. Edited by Michael Shellenbarger, Kimberly K. Lain. Oregon. State Historic Preservation Office; University of Oregon Historic Preservation Program, 1989.
Type
Image
Format
application/pdf
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150
Note
Converted from hotel to apartments in 1949. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.