Building Oregon

Straub Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Straub
Title
Straub Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) John Straub Memorial Building, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon) Men's Dormitory, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William
Photographer
Ross, Marion Dean
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1920-1929
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views universities (buildings) dwellings dormitories (buildings)
Latitude
44.044478
Longitude
-123.07301
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Lane County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Street Address
1451 Onyx Street
Date
1928
View Date
1975
Identifier
pna_14064.jpg
Item Locator
mdr02741
Rights
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
Source
Gift of Wallace K. Huntington from the estate of Marion Dean Ross
Type
Image
Format
image/jpeg
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150 University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm
Note
In 1955, Earl Hall was constructed and attached to the east side of Straub Hall.