Building Oregon

Dekum Building (Portland, Oregon)

Title
Dekum Building (Portland, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Creator
McCaw & Martin McCaw, William F. Martin, Richard H., Jr. Bridges, J. B. Rowe, M. A.
Creator Display
McCaw & Martin (architecture firm, 1889-1898) William Frederick McCaw (architect, 1850-?) Richard H. Martin, Jr. (architect, 1858-1950) J. B. Bridges (builder/contractor) M. A. Rowe (builder/contractor)
Description
National Register of Historic Places (Listed, 1980)
View
exterior: close-up facade.
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1890-1899
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views facilities, commercial
Latitude
45.519421
Longitude
-122.67503
Location
Portland >> Clackamas County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Multnomah County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
519 Southwest 3rd Avenue
Date
1892
Identifier
pna_04081
Item Locator
726 AmO P83b D369 04; 87-07173;
Rights
In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office, http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The McCaw & Martin's plans for the Dekum Building were ready by January 1891. The building opened in October 1892. Contractors, suppliers, and contributors included Portland Pressed Brick Company, Keatinge & Leonard (concrete pavement and illuminating ti "The Dekum Building; Modern in All Its Appointments; One of the Finest Business Blocks on the Coast - Built without Regard to Expense -- Individual Contractors," Morning Oregonian, October 12, 1892, 9. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.