Building Oregon

Hubbard Building (Salem, Oregon)

Title
Hubbard Building (Salem, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Oregon Building (Salem, Oregon)
Creator
Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Welch Brothers
Photographer
Shellenbarger, Michael
Creator Display
Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) Welch Brothers (builder/contractor)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: view from south
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1910-1919
Style Period
Jacobean Revival
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views office buildings facilities, commercial mercantiles (buildings)
Location
Salem >> Marion County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Marion County >> Oregon >> West >> United States Oregon >> West >> United States United States
Street Address
494 State Street Southeast
Date
1913
View Date
1986/1988
Identifier
pna_03710
Item Locator
726 AmO Sa32b H861 3; 87-6737
Rights
In Copyright - Educational Use Permitted
Rights Holder
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
Source
Gift of Michael Shellenbarger
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150
Note
The Hubbard Building, built for Mrs . Fannie Keizer Hubbard, served as the Salem depot for the Oregon Electric Company until 1932 . The Globe Theater was located on the building's State Street side. This image was included in the documentation to support a nomination to the National Register of Historic Places, a program of the National Park Service. The image is provided here by the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office and the University of Oregon Libraries to facilitate scholarship, research, and teaching. For other uses, such as publication, contact the State Historic Preservation Office. Please credit the Oregon State Historic Preservation Office when using this image.