Building Oregon

Medical Department, University of Oregon (Portland, Oregon)

Title
Medical Department, University of Oregon (Portland, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
Medical School, University of Oregon (Portland, Oregon) University of Oregon (Portland, Oregon)
Creator
McCaw Martin & White McCaw, William F. Martin, Richard H., Jr. White, F. Manson
Creator Display
Frederick Manson White (architect, 1863-1952) Richard H. Martin, Jr. (architect, 1858-1950) William F. McCaw (architect, 1850-c. 1899)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: drawing, C. A. McClure, delineator
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1890-1899
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works exterior views universities (buildings) hospitals (buildings for health facility)
Location
Portland >> Clackamas County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Multnomah County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
NW 23rd Avenue and NW Lovejoy Street
Date
1892
Identifier
pna_24034
Rights
Educational Use Permitted
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Portland, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The first building of the University of Oregon's medical school, which eventually became the Oregon Health Sciences University, was located across from the Good Samaritan Hospital at the corner of Lovejoy Street and 23rd Avenue. The building formally opened October 4, 1892.