Building Oregon

Class of 1913 Fountain, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Title
Class of 1913 Fountain, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Alternative
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Photographer
Ross, Marion Dean
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
general view
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1920-1929
Style Period
Georgian Revival Colonial Revival
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views complexes (buildings) school complexes universities (buildings) water distribution structures fountains
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Street Address
between Fenton Hall and Deady Hall
Date
1923
View Date
1985-06-10
Identifier
pna_13983
Item Locator
mdr02600
Rights
In Copyright
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
License
Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Source
Gift of Wallace K. Huntington from the estate of Marion Dean Ross
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Note
The first fountain on campus, a gift of the class of 1913, was dedicated in 1923. The Class of 1913 Fountain stilll exists today, without the sculptural centerpiece, in its location between Fenton Hall and Deady Hall.