Building Oregon

Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)

Lawrence
Title
Lawrence Hall, University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
LC Subject
Architecture, American Architecture--United States
Creator
Lawrence and Holford Lawrence, Ellis Fuller Holford, William Knighton, William C., 1866-1938 Lazarus, Edgar M. Annand Boone and Lee Annand, John D. Boone, Harold B. Lei, Wilbert P.
Photographer
Ross, Marion Dean
Creator Display
Lawrence & Holford (architecture firm, 1913-1928) Ellis Fuller Lawrence (architect, 1879-1946) William Gordon Holford (architect, 1878-1970) William Christmas Knighton (architect, 1864-1938) Edgar Marks Lazarus (architect, 1868-1939) Annand, Boone, and Lei (architecture firm, 1955-1960) John Davis Annand, Sr. (architect, 1907-1994) Harold B. Boone (architect) Wilbert P. Lei (architect, 1909-1960)
Description
This image is included in Building Oregon: Architecture of Oregon and the Pacific Northwest, a digital collection which provides documentation about the architectural heritage of the Pacific Northwest.
View
exterior: view of Lawrence Hall (left) from west, looking straight toward Pacific Hall, with Allen Hall on the right
Provenance
Design Library, University of Oregon Libraries
Temporal
1900-1909 1910-1919 1940-1949 1950-1959 1970-1979 1990-1999
Work Type
architecture (object genre) built works views (visual works) exterior views universities (buildings)
Location
Eugene >> Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Lane County >> Oregon >> Pacific Northwest Oregon >> Pacific Northwest United States
Date
1901 1914 1923 1940 1957 1971 1991
View Date
1967-05-21
Identifier
pna_13902
Item Locator
mdr02449
Rights Holder
University of Oregon
License
Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
Source
Gift of Wallace K. Huntington from the estate of Marion Dean Ross
Type
Image
Format
image/tiff
Set
Building Oregon
Primary Set
Building Oregon
Is Part Of
University of Oregon (Eugene, Oregon)
Institution
University of Oregon
Citation
Guide to the Ellis Fuller Lawrence Papers , Northwest Digital Archives, http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/findaid/ark:/80444/xv35243 Ellis Lawrence Building Survey, https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/dspace/handle/1794/2150 University of Oregon Heritage Landscape Plan, http://uplan.uoregon.edu/projects/HLP_website/hlpsurveyofbldgs.htm
Note
The building now known as Lawrence Hall consists of different structures combined and altered over time. The structures and changes include Mechanical Hall (Edgar Lazarus, 1901), the Architecture Building (William C. Knighton, 1914), major expansion and renovation (Ellis F. Lawrence, W. R. B. Willcox, 1923), Arts Wing (Ellis F. lawrence, 1923), additional wings to the north (Ellis F. WLawrence, 1940/41), replacement of arts wing and new south facade (Annand, Boone, and Lei, 1957), Brutlaist style addition and new south facade (Cambell Yost Grube hall, 1971), addition and new south facade (BOORA, 1991). Teague, Edward H. "Introducing Edgar Lazarus, The Architect of Vista House," Vista House Views, FOVH Newsletter, Spring 2011, p. 1-2, 7, 9, 10-11.