Flume for carrying lumber from sawmill to shipping point near Marys River in Philomath, Oregon. The bridge structure to the left of the flume trestle is part of the former Marys River covered bridge. Original photo is at the Benton County Historical Museum in Philomath, Oregon.
Eddy Elbridge Wilson was born in Corvallis in 1869 and was a student at Oregon State when the school was still known as Corvallis College. He graduated in 1889. Later an attorney and bank executive, Wilson was heavily involved with numerous campus and community organizations, as well as the State Game Commission. He twice served on the OAC board of regents -- from 1906 to 1915 and from 1924 to 1929. Wilson died in 1961.