Cadet officers posing with sabres. Tunics have the large chevrons on sleeves denoting cadets rank. Previous description states "Booklet OAC Cadets 1908-09." This dating is probably incorrect. This photo is posed at the base of Benton Hall (then Administration Building) steps. The facade is still in original brick. Renovations in 1899 covered the brick with stucco. Photo is probably dated circa 1895. Uniforms are vintage with brimmed caps with OAC badge. Officer's uniform shows rank on shoulder boards.
Photo of OAC cadet officer posed in dress tunic with sabre. Rank epaulets of the circa 1900 era uniform. Cadet has OAC collar badges and early style campaign hat. Portrait was taken at the Gardner Photography Studio in Corvallis, Oregon.
"Aggie Boy" M1918 155mm heavy gun being towed by the Caterpillar tractor in standard use during the period. The gun is followed by a heavy truck for supplies and ammunition. Also of note is the WWI era motorcycle with sidecar and a cadet watching the parade. Photo shows the "latest" equipment assigned to the new artillery training battalion on OAC beginning just after WWI. The WWI vintage US Army truck following is the "4WD truck" that was manufactured by Four Wheel Drive Co. in Clintonville, WI.
Aggie Boy was the name given to the heavy artillery training piece assigned to OAC in the 1920s. This is detailed view of the M1918 155mm Howitzer, a French design from WWI. Cadet leaning on gun carriage at right. The west side of the Armory (McAlexander Fieldhouse) in background. "Aggie Boy" has been hand painted in black on the barrel of the artillery piece.